One of Many House Calls

One of Many House Calls
Wishing You Were Here

Saturday, July 3, 2010

solace

"I look to the hills ; from where do I find my help? My help comes from the Lord. The Lord mighty to save."
There's a cool breeze that fluttered across my face as I sit still and quiet before my Maker on this what would be expected to be a Hot, Hot summer day. It is not; and the breeze is a sweet reminder of the refreshment that comes with wind of the Holy Spirit. I want to bathe in its quiet as I hear the birds in the background sing their sweet melody to the Lord. The pain in my heart from yesterday's set back eases as the tears are still right behind my eyes. My heart is heavy although my spirit is lifted. Sitting with God "in the cool of the evening" must have been His prescription for us when our hearts are tired and weary. "Come, come be with ME and I will give you rest." I could sleep all day and not have rest like that. Whisper soft in my ear sweet Holy God. I am listening. For once in this day, I am listening...not too busy with cleaning, conversation, and cooking.... distractions that lead me far from the cool waters of your presence. But still; seeing you in all the sounds, breezes,in all the symphony of sound right out my back door. Thank you Lord for the reminder that you are ever so close. I only must be still enough to see. Still enough to hear. Still enough.....
"Be still and know that I AM God." "I AM that I AM."

No comments:

Post a Comment