One of Many House Calls

One of Many House Calls
Wishing You Were Here

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Up in the Air

My heart quiets with this entry . The stillness lifts my eyes and the flutter of tenderness touches my weary heart with the joy that through it there is a possible encounter with Him.
"Be still and know that I am God."
I am so afraid to fly....and yet sometimes I must. I did most recently to attend a service for my first cousin who graduated to be with Heavenly Father. I had to be there for her sisters; for me; for the years that I have not been there. I had to be there and fast. No time to drive and yet leaving my nest and my hearth for the coldness of an airplane frightened me once again. I did fly to find hugs and tears; yet I have realized, for me, the slower pace of a drive is more my speed. The invasive noise of the airport and the droning and unnatural roar of a plane lifts me up to a sky that I fear was not made for me to be in. Just because I can be in it, doesn't mean it is best for me to be there. I much prefer the ground..solid beneath my feet. It is a lowly place for me to remember that I can always look up to see the heavens and the sky that were flung with stars and sun and moon... set there by Him for me to gaze into His wonder."Humble thyself in the sight of the Lord...and He will lift you up."
Matthew 11:29
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment